BRIGHTON BEE CLUB GENERAL MEETING MINUTES 8/8/18
Call to order at 6:35 pm by Dan Rau, Vice President.
Motion to approve July 11,,2018 minutes was made by 1) Steve McGraw, and 2) by Dan McConnell, accepted.
- Adams County fair completed. Overall numbers were down, volunteers were great with good representation by the club.
- CSBA fall meeting is October 26, where there is a meet and greet at Castle Rock Fairgrounds, and the main meeting is October 27. More information will be coming soon. We need good club representation.
- Dan Rau talked about checking our hives for mites, so far club counts have been low. We need to check the hives frequently to ensure that the mite counts stay low. Once the honey boxes are removed, the hive can be treated. Mite Away quick strips are a good source. 2 hives have been lost.
- Beekeeping 101-B will be held Aug 18 from 9 am to 4 pm
- Thad will do a top hive demo at the next meeting in September.
- Dan McConnell did a demonstration of the use of a 2 frame extractor. Thanks to Adam Rapier for the use of his extractor.
Adjourn: Motion was made by (1 Steve McGraw and 2) by Thad Gourd. Meeting was adjourned at 7:30 pm.
A short question and answer session was held.
Becki McConnell, secretary