MINUTES FROM BRIGHTON BEE CLUB MEETING JULY11, 2018
Meeting was called to order at 6:35 pm by Dan Rau, Dave Swanson not in attendance.
- Correction from Alex Duran on last month’s minutes was that there are 2 Langstrom Hives and 1 Top bar hive at the Berry patch and the same at the Bromley lane site.
Motion to accept minutes with correction was made by 1) Terry Dorsey and 2) by Martin Rowe.
- Adams County Fair is August 1-5. Sign-up sheets re with Becki. All members are encouraged to assist as knowledge is better than general public. Email Becki at email@example.com to sign up after meeting.
- CSBA Fall meeting is October 26-27 at Douglas County Fairgrounds, all are encouraged to attend. We need better attendance from club members.
- Beekeeping 101 part B is August 11 for those who took class for $50 with lunch included at Adams County Fairgrounds in am with Field experience in afternoon. Class is 9am-4 pm.
- Queens are available at Dakota Bees for $35.
- Thad Gourd gave demonstration of new bottom screen boards to show Natural Drop of mites to assist
with mite counts. Board is in back of room for those to look at and answer questions after general meeting.
Motion to adjourn made by 1) Martin Rowe 2) by Thad Gourd
Meeting adjourned at 7:00, a 10 minute break.
Movie: “More Than Honey” was shown and enjoyed by everyone.
Becki McConnell, Secretary